You would not believe it if you did not see it, but after installing Vista and Office 2007, the startup of Outlook 2007 vent from seconds to minutes… It would take up to 4 minutes to get to your inbox, my first thought was the same problem with the spam-filter as I recently had with Outlook 2003.. But I finally got to the ‘lets google’ point and within the first few seconds I got a bite…
It would seem that Windows Vista was the corporate (what a surprise ;-)), something called TCP Windows Scaling (sounds mean), but to my relief the cure is quite straight forward, you issue a single dos command and everything works again (mind you, being Windows Vista you need to issue the command with Administrative privileges)..
Issue this command (using sufficient privileges) and the delay is gone..
“netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled”